Helmet Safety Statistics
- Wearing your helmet is the single most effective way to prevent head injuries, brain damage and long term effects of injuries following a bicycle accident.
- A properly worn bicycle helmet reduces the risk of head injury and brain damage by almost 90%.
- Nearly 690 children are injured daily due to bicycle-related crashes
- 60% of all childhood bicycle-related deaths are more likely to occur on residential streets close to home.
Did You Know?
- Helmets reduce the risk of head injury by 85% and the risk of brain damage by 90%.
- Properly worn helmets are the single most effective safety device available to reduce head injury and death from accidents on bicycles, scooters, skateboards and in-line skates.
For more information call (732)528-8080 or (800)336-5843.